Apr 13, 2011, 8:15 PM EST
The Rockies are about to get their ace back.
According to Thomas Harding of MLB.com, right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez threw a successful simulated game Wednesday at extended spring training and has been cleared to return to the Colorado rotation Monday against the Giants.
Jimenez threw 81 pitches in the simulated game, allowing seven hits and two earned runs over five innings while striking out three. The velocity on his fastball ranged from 94-97 MPH and he induced a total of nine groundball outs.
Jimenez has been out for the past week because of a cut on his right thumb cuticle. Now healthy, he will try to bounce back from a rough Opening Day start against the Diamondbacks that saw him surrender seven earned runs over six treacherous innings.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)