Apr 13, 2011, 10:39 PM EST
The White Sox have finally mapped out a timetable for Jake Peavy‘s return from rotator cuff tendinitis.
According to MLB.com beat writer Scott Merkin, Peavy allowed only two runs in a six-inning minor league rehab start Wednesday at Triple-A Charlotte and has been informed that he could make his 2011 debut as early as April 29 against the Orioles.
Peavy will make two more rehab starts at Charlotte, one on April 18 and another on April 23. If those go well and he’s able to tally over 100 pitches in both outings, the White Sox will activate him.
Philip Humber will continue to draw starts in Peavy’s absence. He limited the Rays to four hits and only one earned run over six innings last week, earning his first victory of the year in impressive fashion. Chances are things won’t go as smoothly next time out.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 67
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)