Apr 13, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
It went OK. I threw and I was healthy, so that’s good. It was nothing special, it was in the batting cages, so you couldn’t really get as good a feel for it as you normally would.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke indicated that Greinke is privately a lot more optimistic about a speedy recovery, saying: “He’s trying to come real fast and I think trainer Roger Caplinger will have to look at that so we just don’t let him go full-go, because that’s what he’d like to do.”
George Von Benko of MLB.com reports that Greinke is slated to throw another simulated game before potentially being cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment at Triple-A. There’s still a chance he’ll be ready to return from a fractured rib by the end of the month.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)