Apr 13, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
It went OK. I threw and I was healthy, so that’s good. It was nothing special, it was in the batting cages, so you couldn’t really get as good a feel for it as you normally would.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke indicated that Greinke is privately a lot more optimistic about a speedy recovery, saying: “He’s trying to come real fast and I think trainer Roger Caplinger will have to look at that so we just don’t let him go full-go, because that’s what he’d like to do.”
George Von Benko of MLB.com reports that Greinke is slated to throw another simulated game before potentially being cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment at Triple-A. There’s still a chance he’ll be ready to return from a fractured rib by the end of the month.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)