Apr 14, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Boof Bonser, who was pitching for Triple-A Buffalo after failing to make the Mets out of spring training, will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the rest of the season.
It’ll be the second lost year in the last three for Bonser, who missed 2009 after shoulder surgery. He returned to pitch 25 innings for the Red Sox and A’s last year, posting a 6.12 ERA.
Bonser allowed three runs in eight innings for the Mets this spring. He was injured Sunday while making his first start for the Bisons.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)