Apr 14, 2011, 6:18 PM EST
Boof Bonser, who was pitching for Triple-A Buffalo after failing to make the Mets out of spring training, will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the rest of the season.
It’ll be the second lost year in the last three for Bonser, who missed 2009 after shoulder surgery. He returned to pitch 25 innings for the Red Sox and A’s last year, posting a 6.12 ERA.
Bonser allowed three runs in eight innings for the Mets this spring. He was injured Sunday while making his first start for the Bisons.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (202)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)