Apr 14, 2011, 6:18 PM EST
Boof Bonser, who was pitching for Triple-A Buffalo after failing to make the Mets out of spring training, will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the rest of the season.
It’ll be the second lost year in the last three for Bonser, who missed 2009 after shoulder surgery. He returned to pitch 25 innings for the Red Sox and A’s last year, posting a 6.12 ERA.
Bonser allowed three runs in eight innings for the Mets this spring. He was injured Sunday while making his first start for the Bisons.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 15
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 69
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 35
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)