Apr 14, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Boof Bonser, who was pitching for Triple-A Buffalo after failing to make the Mets out of spring training, will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the rest of the season.
It’ll be the second lost year in the last three for Bonser, who missed 2009 after shoulder surgery. He returned to pitch 25 innings for the Red Sox and A’s last year, posting a 6.12 ERA.
Bonser allowed three runs in eight innings for the Mets this spring. He was injured Sunday while making his first start for the Bisons.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 11
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)