Apr 14, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Boof Bonser, who was pitching for Triple-A Buffalo after failing to make the Mets out of spring training, will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the rest of the season.
It’ll be the second lost year in the last three for Bonser, who missed 2009 after shoulder surgery. He returned to pitch 25 innings for the Red Sox and A’s last year, posting a 6.12 ERA.
Bonser allowed three runs in eight innings for the Mets this spring. He was injured Sunday while making his first start for the Bisons.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)