Apr 14, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
That’s an absurd pace, but Tulowitzki has actually been homering at that same frequency dating back to last year. Today’s homer against Parnell was his 21st in 39 games since September 3, which would be a ridiculous 87 homers over the course of a 162-game season.
During that 39-game stretch Tulowitzki has hit .313 with 21 homers, 32 total extra-base hits, 51 RBIs, and an .810 slugging percentage. During that same time period no other hitter in baseball has even 15 homers or 40 RBIs or a .700 slugging percentage.
Oh, and he’s also a Gold Glove-caliber shortstop who won’t be 27 years old until October. What a beast.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)