Apr 14, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
That’s an absurd pace, but Tulowitzki has actually been homering at that same frequency dating back to last year. Today’s homer against Parnell was his 21st in 39 games since September 3, which would be a ridiculous 87 homers over the course of a 162-game season.
During that 39-game stretch Tulowitzki has hit .313 with 21 homers, 32 total extra-base hits, 51 RBIs, and an .810 slugging percentage. During that same time period no other hitter in baseball has even 15 homers or 40 RBIs or a .700 slugging percentage.
Oh, and he’s also a Gold Glove-caliber shortstop who won’t be 27 years old until October. What a beast.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)