Apr 14, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
That’s an absurd pace, but Tulowitzki has actually been homering at that same frequency dating back to last year. Today’s homer against Parnell was his 21st in 39 games since September 3, which would be a ridiculous 87 homers over the course of a 162-game season.
During that 39-game stretch Tulowitzki has hit .313 with 21 homers, 32 total extra-base hits, 51 RBIs, and an .810 slugging percentage. During that same time period no other hitter in baseball has even 15 homers or 40 RBIs or a .700 slugging percentage.
Oh, and he’s also a Gold Glove-caliber shortstop who won’t be 27 years old until October. What a beast.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)