Apr 14, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Not surprisingly, today they placed him on the disabled list with right shoulder inflammation.
While certainly not a good thing, the fact that they’ve identified an actual cause of the lost velocity and that cause isn’t a major injury probably qualifies as positive news, although Tejeda having shoulder problems last year as well makes it more of a concern than usual.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)