Apr 14, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
Not surprisingly, today they placed him on the disabled list with right shoulder inflammation.
While certainly not a good thing, the fact that they’ve identified an actual cause of the lost velocity and that cause isn’t a major injury probably qualifies as positive news, although Tejeda having shoulder problems last year as well makes it more of a concern than usual.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)