Apr 15, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
It’s Friday, I’m out of gas, and the world of baseball news seemed to stop the moment Phil Hughes got sent to the DL. It happens. So before I seek out fermented beverages and switch between and among 15 baseball games this evening, I leave you with a link to a great story about Rickey Henderson and signs from the third base coach, passed to me by The Baseball Crank and recounted by Gus Ramsey.
This, as they say, is too good to check. I’m going to assume it’s true for now and always.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)