Apr 15, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
It’s Friday, I’m out of gas, and the world of baseball news seemed to stop the moment Phil Hughes got sent to the DL. It happens. So before I seek out fermented beverages and switch between and among 15 baseball games this evening, I leave you with a link to a great story about Rickey Henderson and signs from the third base coach, passed to me by The Baseball Crank and recounted by Gus Ramsey.
This, as they say, is too good to check. I’m going to assume it’s true for now and always.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)