Apr 15, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
The Brewers are finally close to getting a look at their new ace.
Greinke will make his first rehab appearance Tuesday for High-A Brevard County before pitching with Triple-A Nashville five days later.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke believes Greinke will need three rehab outings before being activated from the disabled list, which likely places his activation somewhere around May 4 in Atlanta.
“Once he gets around 75 pitches, then he’s pretty much ready (for the majors),” said Roenicke. “He needs to pitch at least three times. He’ll be coming back and forth (from the Brewers to the minors).”
Greinke, who was acquired from the Royals in December, has been sidelined since the early part of March with a fractured rib.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million