Apr 15, 2011, 6:33 PM EST
The Brewers are finally close to getting a look at their new ace.
Greinke will make his first rehab appearance Tuesday for High-A Brevard County before pitching with Triple-A Nashville five days later.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke believes Greinke will need three rehab outings before being activated from the disabled list, which likely places his activation somewhere around May 4 in Atlanta.
“Once he gets around 75 pitches, then he’s pretty much ready (for the majors),” said Roenicke. “He needs to pitch at least three times. He’ll be coming back and forth (from the Brewers to the minors).”
Greinke, who was acquired from the Royals in December, has been sidelined since the early part of March with a fractured rib.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)