Apr 15, 2011, 6:33 PM EST
The Brewers are finally close to getting a look at their new ace.
Greinke will make his first rehab appearance Tuesday for High-A Brevard County before pitching with Triple-A Nashville five days later.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke believes Greinke will need three rehab outings before being activated from the disabled list, which likely places his activation somewhere around May 4 in Atlanta.
“Once he gets around 75 pitches, then he’s pretty much ready (for the majors),” said Roenicke. “He needs to pitch at least three times. He’ll be coming back and forth (from the Brewers to the minors).”
Greinke, who was acquired from the Royals in December, has been sidelined since the early part of March with a fractured rib.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27