Apr 15, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
The Brewers are finally close to getting a look at their new ace.
Greinke will make his first rehab appearance Tuesday for High-A Brevard County before pitching with Triple-A Nashville five days later.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke believes Greinke will need three rehab outings before being activated from the disabled list, which likely places his activation somewhere around May 4 in Atlanta.
“Once he gets around 75 pitches, then he’s pretty much ready (for the majors),” said Roenicke. “He needs to pitch at least three times. He’ll be coming back and forth (from the Brewers to the minors).”
Greinke, who was acquired from the Royals in December, has been sidelined since the early part of March with a fractured rib.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)