Apr 16, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
Jurrjens has not yet made a major league start this season because of an oblique injury that he suffered near the end of spring training. He made a successful six-inning rehab appearance at Triple-A Gwinnett on Monday, allowing only two runs and pronouncing himself “ready to go” afterward.
The Braves placed reliever Peter Moylan on the 15-day disabled list with a back strain to clear room.
For Jurrjens, tonight’s big league start will be his first in over seven months. He missed the final few weeks of 2010 and last year’s playoffs due to a knee injury.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)