Apr 16, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
Jurrjens has not yet made a major league start this season because of an oblique injury that he suffered near the end of spring training. He made a successful six-inning rehab appearance at Triple-A Gwinnett on Monday, allowing only two runs and pronouncing himself “ready to go” afterward.
The Braves placed reliever Peter Moylan on the 15-day disabled list with a back strain to clear room.
For Jurrjens, tonight’s big league start will be his first in over seven months. He missed the final few weeks of 2010 and last year’s playoffs due to a knee injury.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)