Apr 16, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
Jurrjens has not yet made a major league start this season because of an oblique injury that he suffered near the end of spring training. He made a successful six-inning rehab appearance at Triple-A Gwinnett on Monday, allowing only two runs and pronouncing himself “ready to go” afterward.
The Braves placed reliever Peter Moylan on the 15-day disabled list with a back strain to clear room.
For Jurrjens, tonight’s big league start will be his first in over seven months. He missed the final few weeks of 2010 and last year’s playoffs due to a knee injury.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)