Apr 16, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
Jurrjens has not yet made a major league start this season because of an oblique injury that he suffered near the end of spring training. He made a successful six-inning rehab appearance at Triple-A Gwinnett on Monday, allowing only two runs and pronouncing himself “ready to go” afterward.
The Braves placed reliever Peter Moylan on the 15-day disabled list with a back strain to clear room.
For Jurrjens, tonight’s big league start will be his first in over seven months. He missed the final few weeks of 2010 and last year’s playoffs due to a knee injury.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)