Apr 16, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
Jurrjens has not yet made a major league start this season because of an oblique injury that he suffered near the end of spring training. He made a successful six-inning rehab appearance at Triple-A Gwinnett on Monday, allowing only two runs and pronouncing himself “ready to go” afterward.
The Braves placed reliever Peter Moylan on the 15-day disabled list with a back strain to clear room.
For Jurrjens, tonight’s big league start will be his first in over seven months. He missed the final few weeks of 2010 and last year’s playoffs due to a knee injury.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 44
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 33
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)