Apr 16, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Corey Hart will begin a minor league rehab assignment Tuesday with Triple-A Nashville, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Hart has been sidelined since the early part of spring training due to a strained left oblique.
Hart hopes to return as soon as April 25 against the Reds, though Brewers manager Ron Roenicke believes he will need at least a week in the minors.
“He’s probably going to need a week,” said Roenicke. “He’s not going to play every day. We wouldn’t want to do too much too fast at this point.”
Brewers right fielders have combined to bat just .233/.298/.419 with a .716 OPS over 43 at-bats during Hart’s absence.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 12
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 3
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games