Apr 16, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Corey Hart will begin a minor league rehab assignment Tuesday with Triple-A Nashville, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Hart has been sidelined since the early part of spring training due to a strained left oblique.
Hart hopes to return as soon as April 25 against the Reds, though Brewers manager Ron Roenicke believes he will need at least a week in the minors.
“He’s probably going to need a week,” said Roenicke. “He’s not going to play every day. We wouldn’t want to do too much too fast at this point.”
Brewers right fielders have combined to bat just .233/.298/.419 with a .716 OPS over 43 at-bats during Hart’s absence.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)