Apr 16, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
Corey Hart will begin a minor league rehab assignment Tuesday with Triple-A Nashville, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Hart has been sidelined since the early part of spring training due to a strained left oblique.
Hart hopes to return as soon as April 25 against the Reds, though Brewers manager Ron Roenicke believes he will need at least a week in the minors.
“He’s probably going to need a week,” said Roenicke. “He’s not going to play every day. We wouldn’t want to do too much too fast at this point.”
Brewers right fielders have combined to bat just .233/.298/.419 with a .716 OPS over 43 at-bats during Hart’s absence.
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 2
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 22
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 22
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)