Apr 16, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
UPDATE: Shannon Drayer of ESPN 710 in Seattle reports that Gutierrez will be sent out for further evaluation, possibly to the Mayo Clinic.
11:15 AM: Things were looking up earlier this week when we heard Franklin Gutierrez was scheduled to work out with the Mariners and possibly head out on a minor league rehab assignment. However, it’s obvious he’s not back to 100 percent quite yet.
Mariners manager Eric Wedge told Robert Falkoff of MLB.com that Gutierrez was scratched from a rehab appearance with Single-A High Desert last night with more stomach problems.
“We had hopes of him going out and playing, but he just was not feeling well at all today,” Wedge said.
Gutierrez is scheduled to be reevaluated at some point today. The Gold Glove center fielder has dealt with stomach problems dating back to last season, but told reporters earlier this week that he was feeling better and had begun to put back on some of the 15 pounds he had lost.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)