Apr 16, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
Get ready, Indians fans.
Sizemore, who is working his way back from microfracture surgery on his left knee, is batting .353 (6-for-17) over five minor league rehab games. He homered in his first game with Triple-A Columbus on Thursday and worked out with the Indians yesterday. We were expecting Sizemore to return sometime next week, but the Indians obviously like what they’ve seen.
The Indians beat the Orioles 8-2 last night and are currently 9-4 to begin the season. Who knows how long it will last, but it’s nice to see a little excitement in Cleveland again.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)