Apr 16, 2011, 2:08 PM EST
Get ready, Indians fans.
Sizemore, who is working his way back from microfracture surgery on his left knee, is batting .353 (6-for-17) over five minor league rehab games. He homered in his first game with Triple-A Columbus on Thursday and worked out with the Indians yesterday. We were expecting Sizemore to return sometime next week, but the Indians obviously like what they’ve seen.
The Indians beat the Orioles 8-2 last night and are currently 9-4 to begin the season. Who knows how long it will last, but it’s nice to see a little excitement in Cleveland again.
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 4
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 133
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 42
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)