Apr 16, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
Get ready, Indians fans.
Sizemore, who is working his way back from microfracture surgery on his left knee, is batting .353 (6-for-17) over five minor league rehab games. He homered in his first game with Triple-A Columbus on Thursday and worked out with the Indians yesterday. We were expecting Sizemore to return sometime next week, but the Indians obviously like what they’ve seen.
The Indians beat the Orioles 8-2 last night and are currently 9-4 to begin the season. Who knows how long it will last, but it’s nice to see a little excitement in Cleveland again.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)