Apr 16, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
Get ready, Indians fans.
Sizemore, who is working his way back from microfracture surgery on his left knee, is batting .353 (6-for-17) over five minor league rehab games. He homered in his first game with Triple-A Columbus on Thursday and worked out with the Indians yesterday. We were expecting Sizemore to return sometime next week, but the Indians obviously like what they’ve seen.
The Indians beat the Orioles 8-2 last night and are currently 9-4 to begin the season. Who knows how long it will last, but it’s nice to see a little excitement in Cleveland again.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)