Apr 16, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
Get ready, Indians fans.
Sizemore, who is working his way back from microfracture surgery on his left knee, is batting .353 (6-for-17) over five minor league rehab games. He homered in his first game with Triple-A Columbus on Thursday and worked out with the Indians yesterday. We were expecting Sizemore to return sometime next week, but the Indians obviously like what they’ve seen.
The Indians beat the Orioles 8-2 last night and are currently 9-4 to begin the season. Who knows how long it will last, but it’s nice to see a little excitement in Cleveland again.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)