Apr 16, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
12:50 PM: According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Mets have placed Chris Young on the 15-day disabled list with right biceps tendinitis.
Young initially had his Friday start pushed back to Sunday, but appeared good to go after throwing a bullpen session Thursday. The Mets have another doubleheader this afternoon against the Braves, so there were ultimately some concerns that they would be short-handed in the bullpen if Young was forced to leave Sunday’s start due to injury.
Young hasn’t pitched a full season since 2007 due to a variety of injuries and signed with the Mets this offseason at a base salary of $1.1 million. He has a 1.46 ERA and 12/6 K/BB ratio over his first two starts this season.
The Mets have called up left-hander Pat Misch from Triple-A Buffalo to take his place on the active roster, though Sunday’s starter is still TBA.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (94)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)