Apr 16, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
12:50 PM: According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Mets have placed Chris Young on the 15-day disabled list with right biceps tendinitis.
Young initially had his Friday start pushed back to Sunday, but appeared good to go after throwing a bullpen session Thursday. The Mets have another doubleheader this afternoon against the Braves, so there were ultimately some concerns that they would be short-handed in the bullpen if Young was forced to leave Sunday’s start due to injury.
Young hasn’t pitched a full season since 2007 due to a variety of injuries and signed with the Mets this offseason at a base salary of $1.1 million. He has a 1.46 ERA and 12/6 K/BB ratio over his first two starts this season.
The Mets have called up left-hander Pat Misch from Triple-A Buffalo to take his place on the active roster, though Sunday’s starter is still TBA.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)