Apr 16, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
12:50 PM: According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Mets have placed Chris Young on the 15-day disabled list with right biceps tendinitis.
Young initially had his Friday start pushed back to Sunday, but appeared good to go after throwing a bullpen session Thursday. The Mets have another doubleheader this afternoon against the Braves, so there were ultimately some concerns that they would be short-handed in the bullpen if Young was forced to leave Sunday’s start due to injury.
Young hasn’t pitched a full season since 2007 due to a variety of injuries and signed with the Mets this offseason at a base salary of $1.1 million. He has a 1.46 ERA and 12/6 K/BB ratio over his first two starts this season.
The Mets have called up left-hander Pat Misch from Triple-A Buffalo to take his place on the active roster, though Sunday’s starter is still TBA.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)