Apr 16, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
Last night’s game between the Mets and Braves was washed out, but the clubs will make up the game as part of a doubleheader this afternoon.
The Mets just got their clocks cleaned during a doubleheader against the Rockies on Thursday, so they aren’t thrilled with having to play another doubleheader in the space of three days, especially considering they’ll make two more trips to Atlanta this season. It’s ultimately the home team’s call in these situations, so you’d have to think the Braves ultimately saw this as a situation where they could take advantage. Tough luck, right?
According to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, the Mets called the commissioner’s office to lodge a complaint, but the games will be played as scheduled. Mets assistant general manager John Ricco declined to criticize the Braves publicly, but it’s clear they aren’t happy with the decision.
“I’m not going to go there,” Ricco said. “It is what it is. It just puts us in a tough position.”
The Mets sit at 4-9 on the young season and have lost five consecutive games.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (221)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)