Bryan Stow placed back into medically-induced coma

Apr 17, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT

Image of Dodger Stadium beating victim Stow is shown on scoreboard before MLB National League baseball game between San Francisco Giants and St. Louis Cardinals in San Francisco, California Reuters

FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi brings rough news.

Bryan Stow, the Giants fan and paramedic who was attacked outside Dodger Stadium on the first day of the regular season, has been placed back into a medically-induced coma due to a “recurrence of seizures related to his head trauma.”

Doctors think Stow may have suffered brain damage in the beating which, at this point, remains unsolved. A $100,000 reward is being offered for information about the attackers.

Dodger Stadium has beefed up its security, posting police officers around the ballpark and also in the parking lots and roads leading up to the gates.

1. dabearsbus - Apr 17, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Very sad news. Regardless of who someone chooses to root for, nonody deserves to be attacked. I hope and pray that he recovers fully.

2. wkinsomnia - Apr 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM

really hope he pulls through…such a sad and disheartening story. someone saw what happened, now its time for them to come forward about it.

3. notdumb - Apr 17, 2011 at 4:16 PM

very sad yes , news no. this kind of thing happens every day i wonder what law they are tying to pass, do they want to stick their fingers up our asses at the ballpark now to? im tired of nothing but negative news . my neighbor found out a kid at his church had a terminal illness and gave him a car . if you were to watch all the negativity in the news you would believe 99% of people are blood thirsty savages this story has absolutely nothing to do with sports and if i was a member of this mans family i wouldn’t appreciate him being used by the media and mlb baseball

• jetersusedjersey - Apr 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Notdumb you are in fact dumb. Very dumb. I don’t think anytone is suing this man. What happened to him is tragic. The media bringing awareness to it has led to many ppl helping wiht his medical bills. And what kind of jerk are you that you think it is wrong that your neighbor gave a terminal kid a car (at least I think your against it… you kind of ramble there a little bit). Stop being a cynical creep.

• notdumb - Apr 17, 2011 at 10:17 PM

learn to comprehend before commenting on things your brain is to small to understand

• BC - Apr 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM

notdumb…. If this happens to a member of your family do you feel the same way? Cmon. The guy is almost dead. Yes, negative news sucks, but its out there. Let’s hope that this turns positive, the guy makes a recovery and they catch the dirtbags that did this and punish the tar out of them.

• saucepaws - Apr 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Are you serious notdumb? I don’t see how MLB or the media are using this guy one bit. You are a troll and an idiot. Get lost.

• fanoredsox - Apr 17, 2011 at 6:56 PM

How about this happened to your family? You would be singing a different tune then, wouldn’t you CANARY? No one deserves this and remember this is one less experienced person coming to your house in case of an emergency.

4. whizwit - Apr 17, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Jeter, I agree with you on the level of notdumb’s retard level. I mean, really @notdumb? So I guess what you’re saying is that if every time has something wrong with them, we should buy them a car and everything gets better tenfold?

5. notdumb - Apr 17, 2011 at 10:15 PM

my point just to clarify for the brainwashed is that stories about people doing good deeds are never reported in the news. people do alot more good than bad. but the number one job of the media is to keep us afraid, so that we give up our rights to liberty this mans vicious beating is being used in that context. why not a police sketch or description of the perps . no they would rather show the cutest pick of the man and his family its a disgrace to him . PS i only talk about baseball on here normally but since this post has nothing to do with baseball and is purely political ….

• fanoredsox - Apr 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I understand what you are saying notdumb. Ben Franklin said: “Those who are willing to sacrifice freedom for safety, deserve neither freedom nor safety”! The Patriot act is a sham!

6. notdumb - Apr 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM

lets spend tax money to put a cop every fifteen feet and tap everyones phones and drug test everyone even old ladies and little kids

7. notdumb - Apr 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM

why stop there lets just open death camps

• micker716 - Apr 17, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Troll

• saucepaws - Apr 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM

@notdumb, this story has nothing to do with the media bias of reporting tragedies over good deeds, you’re just too retarded to realize it. This is about updating us on a story that has peaked the interest of sports fans throughout North America.

This is a baseball blog, and therefore will report news that pertains to baseball, on and off the field. Please spare us your elementary political thoughts, as they clearly are misinformed and just plain ignorant.

Your scumbag friends are awaiting you under the bridge.

PS – Your punctuation makes me believe you are a 14 year old flunking grade 9 english.

• elpendejo59 - Apr 18, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Wow, and my ex said I went on crazy rants when I was drinking. notdumb- you are drinking, right?

8. phukyouk - Apr 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I am a tainted NYer… i read about sh*t like this every day in the papers. i read about mothers that drown thier 3 kids… i read about 65 yr old husbands that strangle thier 63 yr old wives… i read about crazy BF’s that decapitate their GF’s cause they broke up with him.. but THIS story for some reason got to me. i Have no idea why to be honest. maybe its that picture above and replacing his face with mine and it seems more real.. but something about this story really got to me. i really hope he gets better.. i really hope that they catch the guys that did this and i REALLY REALLY hope that they dont cough up some bullsh*t defense about how they were drunk and not in their right minds and all that.

9. mrnimziki - Apr 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Notdumb, do us a favor and put your tinfoil hat back on and go back your bomb shelter.

“my neighbor found out a kid at his church had a terminal illness and gave him a car”

If I saw this one the news, I wonder why the kid is getting a car and not having his medical bills paid…unless it’s a disease curing car, but I’m unaware of any such car.

“this story has absolutely nothing to do with sports and if i was a member of this mans family i wouldn’t appreciate him being used by the media and mlb baseball”

Really? Cause I’m pretty sure the guy was jumped by DODGER fans because he was wearing a GIANTS jersey (those are baseball teams by the way, and baseball is a sport). And you’re not a member of this guy’s family, so don’t assume that they’re thoughts are in line with your asinine thinking. Media coverage has helped cover this guy’s medical expenses by making others aware of what happened (nice story, huh?). How do I know this? Because it was reported on the news (CRAZY!). No one has given him a car yet though…so I’m not sure what to make of it. MLB has beefed up security in response to what happened. I’d have to imagine his family is a little happy about that. I suppose you on the other hand would just prefer things to go on as usual.

“why not a police sketch or description of the perps.”

Man, I wish they would have thought about that. I’m sure ESPN and all the major networks have the description/sketch, but they’re just praying something like this happens again so they can boost their ratings. If you watched the NEWS you would know that the incident happened in an area of the parking lot that was poorly lit. In RESPONSE to that, the Dodgers have added more lights to the parking lot.

How is the post above IN ANY WAY political? I can’t help but notice that you’re using this story not to send good wishes, but as a platform for your ridiculous views of media coverage and (I guess) governemtn intrusion. So I’d have to say that it appears you’re doing the very thing you’re complaining about.

• saucepaws - Apr 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Well said mrnimziki.
      Nothing like facts to shut up douchebags like notdumb.

10. babyjesus69 - Apr 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM

If this happened in San Francisco the attackers would of already been found. Los Angeles FAIL

11. cur68 - Apr 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM

@notdumb; I read your original post and see a bit of what you were trying to say; less government intrusion in life, if the media could report something good rather than always negative and don’t use the poor man’s attack as a media ploy. These are, on their own, not bad ideas. However I think you’ve found yourself attacked and gone on to say some things which you may not necessarily mean. At any rate I’m prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are not helping yourself with the ‘death camp’ stuff nor by neglecting the punctuation in your posts. Its difficult to deduce your meaning.

As it stands, I’m not going to pile on. A certain amount of good has come from the media attention, as others have pointed out. The apprehension and prosecution of those 2 cowards would be a definite asset here as well. The media can certainly help with this and they have done so by circulating descriptions and artist renderings of the 2 suspects. On reflection I think you’d see this and perhaps soften your tone a bit.

For my part, I am fortunate enough to do very similar work to what Mr. Stow does and consider him a colleague. As a fellow baseball fan I, like all of us posting here, wish him well, and hope he’ll be back on the job ASAP. As a colleague I find myself deeply affected by this despicable attack by 2 cowards who would have been glad of someone like Mr. Stow coming to their rescue when their behavior inevitably caught up with them.

If they, or their family members, are reading these blogs, they should know that they have harmed someone on whom their very lives could have depended and who’s team affiliations they would have been glad to ignore when he was working to save them or their loved ones. The entire State of California is the poorer while Mr. Stow is in hospital fighting for his life. Since they are doubtless hiding with family members, they had better pray that they remain well and not need a paramedic any time soon. The healthcare system is now very short handed.

• Jonny 5 - Apr 18, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Running for Parliment are you Mr. Cur ? Lol!

• cur68 - Apr 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Good morning J5; There is a federal election coming up…maybe I saw 1 too many ads? Whatever it is, though, I just can’t bring myself to heap it on notdumb. Enough people already have. Now that post there by stairwayto7? What an ass.

That’s exactly the attitude that got Mr. Stow hurt. At no point do sports include getting attacked and harmed. This isn’t gladiatorial combat or a ‘my town vs. your town to the death’ type tournament. Its baseball and not worth even insulting each over over. I spent the last 3 days dealing with life and death and trust me on this; sports was so far down the list of worries and concerns it amazed me to check HBT this AM to find that there are people in the world who think it is.

• Jonny 5 - Apr 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I love rivalry, and i’ve seen a whole bunch of friendly rivalry growing up a fan of Philly sports. It at times sounds not so friendly, but that’s mostly where it ends, and always should end. To fight or become physical in any way (hear that beer dumpers?) over a sports team in which you are no more than a fan, and or spectator of is ridiculous. Children know better.

12. stairwayto7 - Apr 18, 2011 at 1:00 AM

This guy wore a Giant shirt into Dodgers stadium after winning world series and he did not expect this? When you wear an oposing jersey into a rivals stadium, you are going to get hurt, and hurt bad! Look at fans wearing Steelers, Broncos , Chiefs and Cowboys jerseys into Oakland! I tis not pretty!

• BC - Apr 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Totally disagree. If you wear an opposing jersey, will you get sworn at, or beered? Yeah, probably. But NO ONE should be beaten to the point of near-death. That’s horrendous. Makes international soccer games look like a game of Scrabble. This was off the charts.

• Jonny 5 - Apr 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM

stairwayto7, You sir are an ass. Oh, and wrong too. John Steigerwald I presume?

• BC - Apr 18, 2011 at 10:42 AM

• Jonny 5 - Apr 18, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Hey, “stairwayto7″ has to be a Pittsburgh fan, so the shoe fits well.

13. BC - Apr 18, 2011 at 9:08 AM

This is sickening. If they conclusively find the guys that did this, they should receive a couple dozen hits to the head with a 5 wood, just to understand what they did to this guy. This is terrible.

Three legends off to Cooperstown