Apr 17, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
The Indians are off to a fantastic 10-4 start and have provided Major League Baseball’s biggest feel-good story to this point as they sit atop the American League Central standings.
Now they’re about to get a major piece of their starting lineup back.
Sizemore missed the first two weeks of the regular season while in recovery mode from microfracture knee surgery. He’s probably not back to 100 percent quite yet, but his left knee has to be tested at some point and the Tribe feel confident enough that he can contribute right now.
Sizemore spent six days on a minor league rehab assignment, collecting six hits, a home run and four RBI in 17 at-bats between Double-A Akron and Triple-A Columbus.
The Indians placed infielder Mitch Talbot on the disabled list with an elbow injury to clear roster space.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)