Apr 17, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
The Indians are off to a fantastic 10-4 start and have provided Major League Baseball’s biggest feel-good story to this point as they sit atop the American League Central standings.
Now they’re about to get a major piece of their starting lineup back.
Sizemore missed the first two weeks of the regular season while in recovery mode from microfracture knee surgery. He’s probably not back to 100 percent quite yet, but his left knee has to be tested at some point and the Tribe feel confident enough that he can contribute right now.
Sizemore spent six days on a minor league rehab assignment, collecting six hits, a home run and four RBI in 17 at-bats between Double-A Akron and Triple-A Columbus.
The Indians placed infielder Mitch Talbot on the disabled list with an elbow injury to clear roster space.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)