Apr 18, 2011, 11:46 AM EST
Adam Rosales missed the final six weeks of last season with a foot injury that required surgery in December, at which point the official timetable for his return was 3-4 months.
Unfortunately it’s now four months later and Rosales isn’t even close to being cleared for baseball activities, according to Jane Lee of MLB.com.
Lee reports that Rosales is unlikely to come off the disabled list before June and even that seems somewhat optimistic when she writes that he’s “at least another four weeks” from working out fully.
Had he come back from the injury after three months Rosales likely would have claimed a spot on the A’s bench coming out of spring training after hitting .271 with a .721 OPS in 80 games last season while starting games at six different positions. Instead that bench job has gone to Andy LaRoche and he’s already filled in at all four infield positions.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)