Apr 18, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Adam Rosales missed the final six weeks of last season with a foot injury that required surgery in December, at which point the official timetable for his return was 3-4 months.
Unfortunately it’s now four months later and Rosales isn’t even close to being cleared for baseball activities, according to Jane Lee of MLB.com.
Lee reports that Rosales is unlikely to come off the disabled list before June and even that seems somewhat optimistic when she writes that he’s “at least another four weeks” from working out fully.
Had he come back from the injury after three months Rosales likely would have claimed a spot on the A’s bench coming out of spring training after hitting .271 with a .721 OPS in 80 games last season while starting games at six different positions. Instead that bench job has gone to Andy LaRoche and he’s already filled in at all four infield positions.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)