Apr 18, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Adam Rosales missed the final six weeks of last season with a foot injury that required surgery in December, at which point the official timetable for his return was 3-4 months.
Unfortunately it’s now four months later and Rosales isn’t even close to being cleared for baseball activities, according to Jane Lee of MLB.com.
Lee reports that Rosales is unlikely to come off the disabled list before June and even that seems somewhat optimistic when she writes that he’s “at least another four weeks” from working out fully.
Had he come back from the injury after three months Rosales likely would have claimed a spot on the A’s bench coming out of spring training after hitting .271 with a .721 OPS in 80 games last season while starting games at six different positions. Instead that bench job has gone to Andy LaRoche and he’s already filled in at all four infield positions.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 24
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (108)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)