Apr 18, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Adam Rosales missed the final six weeks of last season with a foot injury that required surgery in December, at which point the official timetable for his return was 3-4 months.
Unfortunately it’s now four months later and Rosales isn’t even close to being cleared for baseball activities, according to Jane Lee of MLB.com.
Lee reports that Rosales is unlikely to come off the disabled list before June and even that seems somewhat optimistic when she writes that he’s “at least another four weeks” from working out fully.
Had he come back from the injury after three months Rosales likely would have claimed a spot on the A’s bench coming out of spring training after hitting .271 with a .721 OPS in 80 games last season while starting games at six different positions. Instead that bench job has gone to Andy LaRoche and he’s already filled in at all four infield positions.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)