Apr 18, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Adam Rosales missed the final six weeks of last season with a foot injury that required surgery in December, at which point the official timetable for his return was 3-4 months.
Unfortunately it’s now four months later and Rosales isn’t even close to being cleared for baseball activities, according to Jane Lee of MLB.com.
Lee reports that Rosales is unlikely to come off the disabled list before June and even that seems somewhat optimistic when she writes that he’s “at least another four weeks” from working out fully.
Had he come back from the injury after three months Rosales likely would have claimed a spot on the A’s bench coming out of spring training after hitting .271 with a .721 OPS in 80 games last season while starting games at six different positions. Instead that bench job has gone to Andy LaRoche and he’s already filled in at all four infield positions.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)