Apr 18, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
I was going to complain about the fact that a spring on my garage door broke over the weekend, but compared to this list of injury, death and despair, that’s not too big a deal.
- Joe Mauer’s leg weakness is the result of a viral infection. Which is way less scary than the kinds of things mystery leg weakness had me worrying about. Which is what happens when you have no medical background whatsoever yet read medical/injury news.
- Case in point: Franklin Gutierrez’s stomach stuff.
- A Nationals’ prospect dies of a bacterial infection. Please, let’s move on to actual injuries. This illness stuff is unnerving.
- Roy Oswalt strained his back, but it looks like he’ll make his next start. Injuries to the rotation is the only thing that can derail the Phillies, I believe.
- The Cardinals are hitting again. At least if you pay no attention to yesterday’s game.
- Andres Torres’ Achilles tendon is messed up.
- Carl Crawford was benched on Saturday in order to clear his head. Came back yesterday with an 0 for 4. So, yeah, keep workin’ on that.
- The Mets don’t like doubleheaders. And doubleheaders don’t like them.
- Dwight Gooden is on probation.
- Chris Young’s bicep and Alex Rodriguez’s oblique cover the injuries in New York, I believe.
- Grady Sizemore is back. Jason Bay could be back tomorrow.
- Joe Nathan blew another save. And now he’s lost his job as the Twins’ closer.
- Barry Zito hits the DL for the first time in his 11-year career.
Dear God, people, let’s be careful out there.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 0
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 118
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (118)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)