Apr 18, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
Bad news for the White Sox at this hour.
Peavy was pulled after throwing just 15 pitches over two-thirds of an inning, allowing three runs on four hits. He’s scheduled for further evaluation tomorrow.
Recent reports indicated that Peavy was on schedule to make his final rehab start with Triple-A Charlotte on Saturday, lining him up for a potential return next Thursday against the Yankees or the following day against the Orioles, but that’s all on the backburner for now.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 11
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)