Apr 18, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
Bad news for the White Sox at this hour.
Peavy was pulled after throwing just 15 pitches over two-thirds of an inning, allowing three runs on four hits. He’s scheduled for further evaluation tomorrow.
Recent reports indicated that Peavy was on schedule to make his final rehab start with Triple-A Charlotte on Saturday, lining him up for a potential return next Thursday against the Yankees or the following day against the Orioles, but that’s all on the backburner for now.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)