Apr 18, 2011, 10:12 PM EST
Bad news for the White Sox at this hour.
Peavy was pulled after throwing just 15 pitches over two-thirds of an inning, allowing three runs on four hits. He’s scheduled for further evaluation tomorrow.
Recent reports indicated that Peavy was on schedule to make his final rehab start with Triple-A Charlotte on Saturday, lining him up for a potential return next Thursday against the Yankees or the following day against the Orioles, but that’s all on the backburner for now.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 6
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 38
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 31
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)