Apr 18, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
Bad news for the White Sox at this hour.
Peavy was pulled after throwing just 15 pitches over two-thirds of an inning, allowing three runs on four hits. He’s scheduled for further evaluation tomorrow.
Recent reports indicated that Peavy was on schedule to make his final rehab start with Triple-A Charlotte on Saturday, lining him up for a potential return next Thursday against the Yankees or the following day against the Orioles, but that’s all on the backburner for now.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)