Apr 18, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
Pedro Feliciano said last week that he was leaning toward surgery on a torn shoulder capsule, but after meeting with Dr. James Andrews the Yankees reliever has decided to delay a decision for at least six weeks.
Dr. Andrews advised against going under the knife, instead recommending a strength and conditioning program for the injured shoulder, but season-ending surgery remains a possibility and he’s a long shot to contribute anything to the Yankees this season either way.
General manager Brian Cashman previously criticized the Mets for “abusing” Feliciano with heavy workloads, but the shoulder injury was suffered during spring training.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 0
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 63
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)