Apr 18, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Tanner Scheppers was considered a top-20 talent who dropped to the Rangers with the 44th overall pick in the 2009 draft because of an arm injury, but now back problems are slowing his rise to the majors.
Scheppers began the season on the disabled list at Triple-A with back problems, came off the shelf to make one appearance, and has now been returned to the DL with the same injury.
Scheppers racked up 90 strikeouts between Double-A and Triple-A last season and if healthy the hard-throwing right-hander has a good chance to join the Rangers’ bullpen at some point this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 35
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 43
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims