Apr 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt exited his Friday start against the Marlins after six innings because of lower back soreness, but it looks like the injury will prove to be a minor one.
Oswalt felt good enough to throw a 40-pitch bullpen session today and afterward indicated to Todd Zolecki of MLB.com that he’ll make his scheduled Thursday start against the Padres in San Diego.
Oswalt has a history of back problems, so this qualifies as very good news for the Phillies. He tweaked his back running out a grounder and took the mound for the next half-inning, but then exited with a trainer before throwing another pitch.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)