And now a mid-afternoon video interlude

Apr 19, 2011, 4:02 PM EDT

I know that the Brian Wilson phenomenon is pretty played out, but there are four individuals in this video, Wilson is the least interesting and it still made me smile, so there.

1. Jonny 5 - Apr 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I saw that kid chillin’ with 50 cent. And Paulie from Jeuysey (douchenozzle)

And that song sucks. No offense to those in this video but it does.

I think Brian Wilson probably is sick of the whole beard thing by now. I mean he has to be. Right?

• bloodysock - Apr 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Wouldn’t he have shaved that thing by now if he was sick of it. I know I am.

• Jonny 5 - Apr 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM

No, not if it’s “his thing” now. I mean people hate “their thing” all the time. Even if it makes them more than they were without it. Go ask MC Hammer to do the Hammer dance. He may just hit you. Sometimes “the thing” is bigger than the person, and that’s tough to get over. Now Wilson may have to always have his beard if he wants to maintain the attention span of his followers, he may hate that.

2. cur68 - Apr 19, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I think the beard now runs Wilson a la Doc Oc’s extra arms. Clearly he is no longer in control of himself.

3. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Apr 19, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I heard The Beard is insured by Llyod’s of London.

4. Utley's Hair - Apr 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Brian Wilson and Cody Ross must have the biggest mouths. That kid’s head looked like it could fit in either one.

5. tomemos - Apr 19, 2011 at 5:08 PM

I think it’s time for a backlash against the anti-Brian Wilson backlash. For instance, Wilson is way better than Ross in the video above–his first entrance is great.

6. clydeserra - Apr 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Who on the Giants started the year on the DL?

Ummm, cody Ross and lou seal? no Lou Seal and Brian Wilson? I can’t remember.

7. garlicfriesandbaseball - Apr 19, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Nice gesture for Charity, Brian and Cody. Too bad some folks will never ever get past the beard ……..and the ring.

8. The Common Man/www.platoonadvantage.com - Apr 19, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Yeah, I don’t get the beard-hate. I am continually amused by Brian Wilson’s beard (and him). The thing is pretty mesmerizing, and he looks roughly 45 even if he’s only 29. I think it’s perfectly acceptable to wonder at this point, whether he even has a bottom half to his face. I would watch a Saturday morning cartoon starring Brian Wilson and Tim Lincecum. Especially if I was high.

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet