Apr 19, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
Belt was excluded from the Giants lineup for a second straight day Tuesday, as the team is again using Aubrey Huff at first base. Nate Schierholtz is playing right field, but he’s merely keeping the seat warm for Ross, who has been on the DL Since the start of the season with a calf strain.
Belt drove in three runs in his second major league game back on April 1, but he’s without an RBI the last two weeks and he’s hitting .196/.305/.275 overall. Plus, the Giants have suffered defensively while using Huff in the outfield and Belt at first base.
It’s not a total loss, though. Belt figures to play the outfield pretty regularly in Triple-A, and he’ll be in line for a long look in left field if Pat Burrell goes into one of his patented lengthy slumps.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)