Apr 19, 2011, 10:31 PM EST
UPDATE: And wouldn’t you know it, now Mets manager Terry Collins tells Rubin that he will discuss bringing Bay back tomorrow as opposed to Thursday.
10:31 PM: Things are looking pretty bleak for the Mets at the moment, but at least they have some help on the way.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, Jason Bay went 4-for-4 with two homers, four RBI and a walk earlier this evening in his third minor league rehab game with High-A St. Lucie.
Bay has been sidelined since the end of spring training due to a strained left intercostal muscle near his rib cage. He’s scheduled to play one more rehab game tomorrow before being activated from the disabled list for Thursday’s series finale against the Astros. Though, really, doesn’t it sound like he’s good to go right now?
The Mets have tried to patch things together with Willie Harris, Scott Hairston and Lucas Duda in left field, so Bay could provide a huge boost offensively if he’s right. The 32-year-old outfielder batted .259 with six homers and a .749 OPS over 401 plate appearances before a concussion ended his first season in Queens.
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 2
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 22
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 22
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)