Apr 19, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Morneau is absent from the Twins’ lineup tonight for the third straight game after serving as their designated hitter Saturday, leaving the Twins without either of their former MVPs.
Jim Thome basically replaces Morneau in the lineup after carrying the Twins when Morneau went down last season, but he’s off to a slow start this year and Ron Gardenhire has used him sparingly. Morneau is also off to a slow start, hitting just .208 with zero homers and a .552 OPS in 14 games.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 12
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims