Apr 19, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Morneau is absent from the Twins’ lineup tonight for the third straight game after serving as their designated hitter Saturday, leaving the Twins without either of their former MVPs.
Jim Thome basically replaces Morneau in the lineup after carrying the Twins when Morneau went down last season, but he’s off to a slow start this year and Ron Gardenhire has used him sparingly. Morneau is also off to a slow start, hitting just .208 with zero homers and a .552 OPS in 14 games.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 9
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 61
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)