Apr 19, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Morneau is absent from the Twins’ lineup tonight for the third straight game after serving as their designated hitter Saturday, leaving the Twins without either of their former MVPs.
Jim Thome basically replaces Morneau in the lineup after carrying the Twins when Morneau went down last season, but he’s off to a slow start this year and Ron Gardenhire has used him sparingly. Morneau is also off to a slow start, hitting just .208 with zero homers and a .552 OPS in 14 games.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8