Apr 19, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Morneau is absent from the Twins’ lineup tonight for the third straight game after serving as their designated hitter Saturday, leaving the Twins without either of their former MVPs.
Jim Thome basically replaces Morneau in the lineup after carrying the Twins when Morneau went down last season, but he’s off to a slow start this year and Ron Gardenhire has used him sparingly. Morneau is also off to a slow start, hitting just .208 with zero homers and a .552 OPS in 14 games.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)