Apr 19, 2011, 3:01 PM EST
Which isn’t surprising or anything because need was not exactly on his mind when it all went down, but there you are.
Of more substance from the latest report is that Leake’s attorney is going to try to get him into the first-time offender diversion program that could result in his record being wiped clean.
He’s being screened for it now, but if he’s accepted, he’ll have to take a class (“You and cheap t-shirts; a Primer”); do community service (“Kids, don’t steal cheap t-shirts”) and go through counseling (“Mike, you weren’t angry at the t-shirts; you were angry at your father, weren’t you?”).
If he completes it all, his record will be expunged.
UPDATE: According to Dusty Baker, Leake won’t miss his next scheduled start against Arizona on Thursday.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)