Apr 19, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
Which isn’t surprising or anything because need was not exactly on his mind when it all went down, but there you are.
Of more substance from the latest report is that Leake’s attorney is going to try to get him into the first-time offender diversion program that could result in his record being wiped clean.
He’s being screened for it now, but if he’s accepted, he’ll have to take a class (“You and cheap t-shirts; a Primer”); do community service (“Kids, don’t steal cheap t-shirts”) and go through counseling (“Mike, you weren’t angry at the t-shirts; you were angry at your father, weren’t you?”).
If he completes it all, his record will be expunged.
UPDATE: According to Dusty Baker, Leake won’t miss his next scheduled start against Arizona on Thursday.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)