Apr 19, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
Which isn’t surprising or anything because need was not exactly on his mind when it all went down, but there you are.
Of more substance from the latest report is that Leake’s attorney is going to try to get him into the first-time offender diversion program that could result in his record being wiped clean.
He’s being screened for it now, but if he’s accepted, he’ll have to take a class (“You and cheap t-shirts; a Primer”); do community service (“Kids, don’t steal cheap t-shirts”) and go through counseling (“Mike, you weren’t angry at the t-shirts; you were angry at your father, weren’t you?”).
If he completes it all, his record will be expunged.
UPDATE: According to Dusty Baker, Leake won’t miss his next scheduled start against Arizona on Thursday.
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 0
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 11
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 71
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 24
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)