Apr 19, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
Which isn’t surprising or anything because need was not exactly on his mind when it all went down, but there you are.
Of more substance from the latest report is that Leake’s attorney is going to try to get him into the first-time offender diversion program that could result in his record being wiped clean.
He’s being screened for it now, but if he’s accepted, he’ll have to take a class (“You and cheap t-shirts; a Primer”); do community service (“Kids, don’t steal cheap t-shirts”) and go through counseling (“Mike, you weren’t angry at the t-shirts; you were angry at your father, weren’t you?”).
If he completes it all, his record will be expunged.
UPDATE: According to Dusty Baker, Leake won’t miss his next scheduled start against Arizona on Thursday.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- The Lester trade is a win-win 97
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 153
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (156)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)