Apr 19, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Which I like. If this was the NFL Leake would be fined a gajillion dollars and then a bunch of new rules would be promulgated banning players from going to Macy’s stores. At least baseball is content to let the process proceed before it does anything. Probably because MLB is a bit better at treating its players like adult human beings than the other leagues do.
Anyway, the process proceeds today, when Leake makes his first court appearance. Wild guess: but I put 2-1 odds on Leake’s attorney announcing that his client has entered some sort of rehab/counseling thingy before the end of the week. It’s just how these things tend to go these days. And, in Leake’s case, may be necessary. Because I still can’t fathom a rational and fully-functioning person in his position swiping stuff like he was caught doing.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)