Apr 19, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Which I like. If this was the NFL Leake would be fined a gajillion dollars and then a bunch of new rules would be promulgated banning players from going to Macy’s stores. At least baseball is content to let the process proceed before it does anything. Probably because MLB is a bit better at treating its players like adult human beings than the other leagues do.
Anyway, the process proceeds today, when Leake makes his first court appearance. Wild guess: but I put 2-1 odds on Leake’s attorney announcing that his client has entered some sort of rehab/counseling thingy before the end of the week. It’s just how these things tend to go these days. And, in Leake’s case, may be necessary. Because I still can’t fathom a rational and fully-functioning person in his position swiping stuff like he was caught doing.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 30
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)