Apr 19, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Which I like. If this was the NFL Leake would be fined a gajillion dollars and then a bunch of new rules would be promulgated banning players from going to Macy’s stores. At least baseball is content to let the process proceed before it does anything. Probably because MLB is a bit better at treating its players like adult human beings than the other leagues do.
Anyway, the process proceeds today, when Leake makes his first court appearance. Wild guess: but I put 2-1 odds on Leake’s attorney announcing that his client has entered some sort of rehab/counseling thingy before the end of the week. It’s just how these things tend to go these days. And, in Leake’s case, may be necessary. Because I still can’t fathom a rational and fully-functioning person in his position swiping stuff like he was caught doing.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (95)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)