Apr 19, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Which I like. If this was the NFL Leake would be fined a gajillion dollars and then a bunch of new rules would be promulgated banning players from going to Macy’s stores. At least baseball is content to let the process proceed before it does anything. Probably because MLB is a bit better at treating its players like adult human beings than the other leagues do.
Anyway, the process proceeds today, when Leake makes his first court appearance. Wild guess: but I put 2-1 odds on Leake’s attorney announcing that his client has entered some sort of rehab/counseling thingy before the end of the week. It’s just how these things tend to go these days. And, in Leake’s case, may be necessary. Because I still can’t fathom a rational and fully-functioning person in his position swiping stuff like he was caught doing.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)