Apr 19, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Which I like. If this was the NFL Leake would be fined a gajillion dollars and then a bunch of new rules would be promulgated banning players from going to Macy’s stores. At least baseball is content to let the process proceed before it does anything. Probably because MLB is a bit better at treating its players like adult human beings than the other leagues do.
Anyway, the process proceeds today, when Leake makes his first court appearance. Wild guess: but I put 2-1 odds on Leake’s attorney announcing that his client has entered some sort of rehab/counseling thingy before the end of the week. It’s just how these things tend to go these days. And, in Leake’s case, may be necessary. Because I still can’t fathom a rational and fully-functioning person in his position swiping stuff like he was caught doing.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)