Apr 19, 2011, 3:35 PM EST
PhillieBot for Cy Young? It’s unlikely. But the one-armed, three-wheeled robot, designed by engineers at the University of Pennsylvania, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Wednesday’s game between the Philadelphia Phillies and Milwaukee Brewers as part of Science Day festivities at Citizens Bank Park, said Evan Lerner, a spokesman for Penn’s engineering school.
And if you can’t see what’s going to happen before it actually occurs, God help you. The flashbulbs from the crowd will cause some sort of electromagnetic interference which scrambles the PitchBot’s programming, causing it to run amok in the stands, injuring innocent bystanders and brining shame upon its creators.
So basically it won’t be all that different than your typical night at Citizens Bank Park.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)