Apr 20, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
I have already had multiple people ask me if I was prepared to eat crow over Jeff Francoeur‘s fast start. My response has been “It’s early. Don’t worry. The real Jeff Francoeur will show up soon.”
Thankfully, Ted Berg has a great list of early-season statistical anomalies up over at his blog this morning, all of which are interesting, but one of which is more interesting than the others:
Jeff Francoeur has a .352 on-base percentage and a .508 slugging, exactly the same marks he had after 16 games last season.
Just like the Mets aren’t going to have a .294 winning percentage all year, Jeff Francoeur is not going to have an OPS+ of 141 all year either. It’s early, folks. Early, early, early.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)