Apr 20, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
I have already had multiple people ask me if I was prepared to eat crow over Jeff Francoeur‘s fast start. My response has been “It’s early. Don’t worry. The real Jeff Francoeur will show up soon.”
Thankfully, Ted Berg has a great list of early-season statistical anomalies up over at his blog this morning, all of which are interesting, but one of which is more interesting than the others:
Jeff Francoeur has a .352 on-base percentage and a .508 slugging, exactly the same marks he had after 16 games last season.
Just like the Mets aren’t going to have a .294 winning percentage all year, Jeff Francoeur is not going to have an OPS+ of 141 all year either. It’s early, folks. Early, early, early.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17