Apr 20, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
All the talk of the robot umpires and the robot first pitch led reader jwbiii to alert us to the fact of a robot batter. It may be old – it’s been on YouTube for like three years — but I haven’t seen it before.
Personally, when it comes to mechanical men, I prefer Charlie Gehringer.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)