Apr 20, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Buster Posey‘s sister, Samantha Posey, is a junior third baseman on the Division II softball team at Valdosta State and ESPN.com reports that she “hit for the home run cycle” in a doubleheader, smacking a one-run homer, a two-run homer, a three-run homer, and a grand slam.
She drove in a total of 11 runs in the two games and could have piled up even more RBIs had both games against Albany State not been called after four-and-a-half innings due to the mercy rule.
Overall this season Posey is hitting .468 with eight homers and a .909 slugging percentage, which is surely much better production than any members of Rookie of the Year runner-up Jason Heyward‘s immediate family have managed this year.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 49
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)