Apr 20, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Buster Posey‘s sister, Samantha Posey, is a junior third baseman on the Division II softball team at Valdosta State and ESPN.com reports that she “hit for the home run cycle” in a doubleheader, smacking a one-run homer, a two-run homer, a three-run homer, and a grand slam.
She drove in a total of 11 runs in the two games and could have piled up even more RBIs had both games against Albany State not been called after four-and-a-half innings due to the mercy rule.
Overall this season Posey is hitting .468 with eight homers and a .909 slugging percentage, which is surely much better production than any members of Rookie of the Year runner-up Jason Heyward‘s immediate family have managed this year.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 70
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)