Apr 20, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Buster Posey‘s sister, Samantha Posey, is a junior third baseman on the Division II softball team at Valdosta State and ESPN.com reports that she “hit for the home run cycle” in a doubleheader, smacking a one-run homer, a two-run homer, a three-run homer, and a grand slam.
She drove in a total of 11 runs in the two games and could have piled up even more RBIs had both games against Albany State not been called after four-and-a-half innings due to the mercy rule.
Overall this season Posey is hitting .468 with eight homers and a .909 slugging percentage, which is surely much better production than any members of Rookie of the Year runner-up Jason Heyward‘s immediate family have managed this year.
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 109
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (110)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)