Apr 20, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Buster Posey‘s sister, Samantha Posey, is a junior third baseman on the Division II softball team at Valdosta State and ESPN.com reports that she “hit for the home run cycle” in a doubleheader, smacking a one-run homer, a two-run homer, a three-run homer, and a grand slam.
She drove in a total of 11 runs in the two games and could have piled up even more RBIs had both games against Albany State not been called after four-and-a-half innings due to the mercy rule.
Overall this season Posey is hitting .468 with eight homers and a .909 slugging percentage, which is surely much better production than any members of Rookie of the Year runner-up Jason Heyward‘s immediate family have managed this year.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)