Apr 20, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Buster Posey‘s sister, Samantha Posey, is a junior third baseman on the Division II softball team at Valdosta State and ESPN.com reports that she “hit for the home run cycle” in a doubleheader, smacking a one-run homer, a two-run homer, a three-run homer, and a grand slam.
She drove in a total of 11 runs in the two games and could have piled up even more RBIs had both games against Albany State not been called after four-and-a-half innings due to the mercy rule.
Overall this season Posey is hitting .468 with eight homers and a .909 slugging percentage, which is surely much better production than any members of Rookie of the Year runner-up Jason Heyward‘s immediate family have managed this year.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 2
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (94)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)