Apr 20, 2011, 2:15 PM EST
LaTroy Hawkins has been out since last August following shoulder surgery and rejoined the Brewers earlier this week, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that they’ll likely wait to activate him from the disabled list until Friday.
Hawkins is 38 years old and had an 8.44 ERA in 16 innings before being shut down last season, so he’ll likely have to prove himself in a middle relief role before the Brewers consider him for setup duties.
He signed a two-year, $7.5 million deal with Milwaukee as a free agent last offseason after posting an ERA under 4.00 in seven of the previous eight years.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)