Apr 20, 2011, 2:15 PM EST
LaTroy Hawkins has been out since last August following shoulder surgery and rejoined the Brewers earlier this week, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that they’ll likely wait to activate him from the disabled list until Friday.
Hawkins is 38 years old and had an 8.44 ERA in 16 innings before being shut down last season, so he’ll likely have to prove himself in a middle relief role before the Brewers consider him for setup duties.
He signed a two-year, $7.5 million deal with Milwaukee as a free agent last offseason after posting an ERA under 4.00 in seven of the previous eight years.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)