Apr 20, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
LaTroy Hawkins has been out since last August following shoulder surgery and rejoined the Brewers earlier this week, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that they’ll likely wait to activate him from the disabled list until Friday.
Hawkins is 38 years old and had an 8.44 ERA in 16 innings before being shut down last season, so he’ll likely have to prove himself in a middle relief role before the Brewers consider him for setup duties.
He signed a two-year, $7.5 million deal with Milwaukee as a free agent last offseason after posting an ERA under 4.00 in seven of the previous eight years.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)