Apr 20, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
LaTroy Hawkins has been out since last August following shoulder surgery and rejoined the Brewers earlier this week, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that they’ll likely wait to activate him from the disabled list until Friday.
Hawkins is 38 years old and had an 8.44 ERA in 16 innings before being shut down last season, so he’ll likely have to prove himself in a middle relief role before the Brewers consider him for setup duties.
He signed a two-year, $7.5 million deal with Milwaukee as a free agent last offseason after posting an ERA under 4.00 in seven of the previous eight years.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8