Apr 20, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
LaTroy Hawkins has been out since last August following shoulder surgery and rejoined the Brewers earlier this week, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that they’ll likely wait to activate him from the disabled list until Friday.
Hawkins is 38 years old and had an 8.44 ERA in 16 innings before being shut down last season, so he’ll likely have to prove himself in a middle relief role before the Brewers consider him for setup duties.
He signed a two-year, $7.5 million deal with Milwaukee as a free agent last offseason after posting an ERA under 4.00 in seven of the previous eight years.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)