Apr 20, 2011, 7:38 PM EST
He’s probably worried now.
According to beat writer Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, Morrison underwent an MRI on his foot Wednesday evening, the results of which won’t be available until Thursday morning.
The 23-year-old Morrison has already been diagnosed with a strained muscle in the arch of his left foot, but there’s a chance that the issue is more serious.
Either way, he could require a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
Morrison has compiled a stellar .327/.424/.636 batting line, four home runs, 11 RBI and one stolen base through 66 plate appearances this season. That momentum is probably going to have to be put on hold.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)