Apr 20, 2011, 7:38 PM EST
He’s probably worried now.
According to beat writer Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, Morrison underwent an MRI on his foot Wednesday evening, the results of which won’t be available until Thursday morning.
The 23-year-old Morrison has already been diagnosed with a strained muscle in the arch of his left foot, but there’s a chance that the issue is more serious.
Either way, he could require a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
Morrison has compiled a stellar .327/.424/.636 batting line, four home runs, 11 RBI and one stolen base through 66 plate appearances this season. That momentum is probably going to have to be put on hold.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)