Apr 20, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
He’s probably worried now.
According to beat writer Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, Morrison underwent an MRI on his foot Wednesday evening, the results of which won’t be available until Thursday morning.
The 23-year-old Morrison has already been diagnosed with a strained muscle in the arch of his left foot, but there’s a chance that the issue is more serious.
Either way, he could require a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
Morrison has compiled a stellar .327/.424/.636 batting line, four home runs, 11 RBI and one stolen base through 66 plate appearances this season. That momentum is probably going to have to be put on hold.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)