Apr 20, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
He’s probably worried now.
According to beat writer Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, Morrison underwent an MRI on his foot Wednesday evening, the results of which won’t be available until Thursday morning.
The 23-year-old Morrison has already been diagnosed with a strained muscle in the arch of his left foot, but there’s a chance that the issue is more serious.
Either way, he could require a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
Morrison has compiled a stellar .327/.424/.636 batting line, four home runs, 11 RBI and one stolen base through 66 plate appearances this season. That momentum is probably going to have to be put on hold.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 11
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 46
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 49
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 44
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)