Apr 20, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
He’s probably worried now.
According to beat writer Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, Morrison underwent an MRI on his foot Wednesday evening, the results of which won’t be available until Thursday morning.
The 23-year-old Morrison has already been diagnosed with a strained muscle in the arch of his left foot, but there’s a chance that the issue is more serious.
Either way, he could require a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
Morrison has compiled a stellar .327/.424/.636 batting line, four home runs, 11 RBI and one stolen base through 66 plate appearances this season. That momentum is probably going to have to be put on hold.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)