Apr 20, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Logan Morrison‘s hot start has been put on hold thanks to leaving last night’s game with foot injury and Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that the Marlins’ left fielder was wearing a protective boot in the clubhouse afterward.
Morrison has been diagnosed with a strained arch in his left foot, but manager Edwin Rodriguez indicated that the injury isn’t serious and may not even keep him out of the lineup for today’s game.
Morrison seemed to indicate a bit more seriousness by saying that he “felt a pop” in his foot and was unable to play through the pain before exiting in the fourth inning, with Scott Cousins replacing him. He’s riding a 10-game hitting streak and has become my favorite player to follow on Twitter, so here’s hoping the protective boot was merely precautionary.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (133)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)