Apr 20, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Logan Morrison‘s hot start has been put on hold thanks to leaving last night’s game with foot injury and Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that the Marlins’ left fielder was wearing a protective boot in the clubhouse afterward.
Morrison has been diagnosed with a strained arch in his left foot, but manager Edwin Rodriguez indicated that the injury isn’t serious and may not even keep him out of the lineup for today’s game.
Morrison seemed to indicate a bit more seriousness by saying that he “felt a pop” in his foot and was unable to play through the pain before exiting in the fourth inning, with Scott Cousins replacing him. He’s riding a 10-game hitting streak and has become my favorite player to follow on Twitter, so here’s hoping the protective boot was merely precautionary.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 18
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)