Apr 20, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Logan Morrison‘s hot start has been put on hold thanks to leaving last night’s game with foot injury and Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that the Marlins’ left fielder was wearing a protective boot in the clubhouse afterward.
Morrison has been diagnosed with a strained arch in his left foot, but manager Edwin Rodriguez indicated that the injury isn’t serious and may not even keep him out of the lineup for today’s game.
Morrison seemed to indicate a bit more seriousness by saying that he “felt a pop” in his foot and was unable to play through the pain before exiting in the fourth inning, with Scott Cousins replacing him. He’s riding a 10-game hitting streak and has become my favorite player to follow on Twitter, so here’s hoping the protective boot was merely precautionary.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)