Apr 20, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Logan Morrison‘s hot start has been put on hold thanks to leaving last night’s game with foot injury and Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that the Marlins’ left fielder was wearing a protective boot in the clubhouse afterward.
Morrison has been diagnosed with a strained arch in his left foot, but manager Edwin Rodriguez indicated that the injury isn’t serious and may not even keep him out of the lineup for today’s game.
Morrison seemed to indicate a bit more seriousness by saying that he “felt a pop” in his foot and was unable to play through the pain before exiting in the fourth inning, with Scott Cousins replacing him. He’s riding a 10-game hitting streak and has become my favorite player to follow on Twitter, so here’s hoping the protective boot was merely precautionary.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 0
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 60
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)