Apr 20, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Logan Morrison‘s hot start has been put on hold thanks to leaving last night’s game with foot injury and Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that the Marlins’ left fielder was wearing a protective boot in the clubhouse afterward.
Morrison has been diagnosed with a strained arch in his left foot, but manager Edwin Rodriguez indicated that the injury isn’t serious and may not even keep him out of the lineup for today’s game.
Morrison seemed to indicate a bit more seriousness by saying that he “felt a pop” in his foot and was unable to play through the pain before exiting in the fourth inning, with Scott Cousins replacing him. He’s riding a 10-game hitting streak and has become my favorite player to follow on Twitter, so here’s hoping the protective boot was merely precautionary.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)