Apr 20, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Bobby Parnell has been experiencing numbness in the middle finger of his right hand and the Mets placed him on the disabled list, with the reliever scheduled to undergo further testing on the injury.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com there’s speculation that the problem may have to do with blood clotting, which “may be treatable with aspirin.”
For now the official diagnosis is a “circulatory problem.”
Parnell has allowed five runs in 7.1 innings as Francisco Rodriguez‘s setup man, but did manage 11 strikeouts while averaging 95.6 miles per hour with his fastball.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)