Apr 20, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Yes, obviously anyone who gets behind the while when they’re intoxicated could kill someone, but in Cabrera’s case it was way more than hypothetical.
According to evidence released by Florida state attorneys yesterday, two truck drivers told police that Cabrera’s black Range Rover forced one of the trucks off the road and forced an oncoming vehicle to take “evasive action and (go) totally onto the grass shoulder in order not to hit the sports utility vehicle head-on.”
For those who forgot, this was after Cabrera threatened to blow up the bar at which he was drinking and before the told his arresting officers to “just [bleeping] kill me.”
Full night for Cabrera.
(thanks to bloodysock for the heads up)
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)