Apr 20, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Yes, obviously anyone who gets behind the while when they’re intoxicated could kill someone, but in Cabrera’s case it was way more than hypothetical.
According to evidence released by Florida state attorneys yesterday, two truck drivers told police that Cabrera’s black Range Rover forced one of the trucks off the road and forced an oncoming vehicle to take “evasive action and (go) totally onto the grass shoulder in order not to hit the sports utility vehicle head-on.”
For those who forgot, this was after Cabrera threatened to blow up the bar at which he was drinking and before the told his arresting officers to “just [bleeping] kill me.”
Full night for Cabrera.
(thanks to bloodysock for the heads up)
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 15
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29