Apr 20, 2011, 6:21 PM EDT
The Internal Revenue Service is investigating the finances surrounding the Dodgers as well as Frank and Jamie McCourt … the IRS investigation was triggered by a number of disclosures surrounding the McCourt divorce. In particular, IRS agents are interested in the fact that the McCourts took $145 million from the team and paid no taxes (certain court documents place the figure at around $105 million, but we’re told it’s actually $145 mil). The IRS is also interested in the fact that the McCourt children have drawn a salary from the team but performed no apparent services to justify the payout.
When it rains it pours.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12