Apr 21, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Pagan suffered the injury in a collision with new Mets second baseman Justin Turner. The two were both trying to track down a shallow pop fly hit by Hunter Pence in the fourth inning when Turner backpedaled right into Pagan’s ribs.
Pagan played another two innings but finally departed after batting in the bottom of the fifth.
If the Mets’ team physicians find a strained oblique muscle when they reevaluate Pagan on Friday morning, it’s likely that he will require a stint on the 15-day disabled list. Willie Harris came on to play center field on Thursday night and would likely see a big bump in playing time in Pagan’s absence.
- The beauty of belief 0
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 27
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 67
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)