Apr 21, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Pagan suffered the injury in a collision with new Mets second baseman Justin Turner. The two were both trying to track down a shallow pop fly hit by Hunter Pence in the fourth inning when Turner backpedaled right into Pagan’s ribs.
Pagan played another two innings but finally departed after batting in the bottom of the fifth.
If the Mets’ team physicians find a strained oblique muscle when they reevaluate Pagan on Friday morning, it’s likely that he will require a stint on the 15-day disabled list. Willie Harris came on to play center field on Thursday night and would likely see a big bump in playing time in Pagan’s absence.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)