Apr 21, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Pagan suffered the injury in a collision with new Mets second baseman Justin Turner. The two were both trying to track down a shallow pop fly hit by Hunter Pence in the fourth inning when Turner backpedaled right into Pagan’s ribs.
Pagan played another two innings but finally departed after batting in the bottom of the fifth.
If the Mets’ team physicians find a strained oblique muscle when they reevaluate Pagan on Friday morning, it’s likely that he will require a stint on the 15-day disabled list. Willie Harris came on to play center field on Thursday night and would likely see a big bump in playing time in Pagan’s absence.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)