Apr 21, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Pagan suffered the injury in a collision with new Mets second baseman Justin Turner. The two were both trying to track down a shallow pop fly hit by Hunter Pence in the fourth inning when Turner backpedaled right into Pagan’s ribs.
Pagan played another two innings but finally departed after batting in the bottom of the fifth.
If the Mets’ team physicians find a strained oblique muscle when they reevaluate Pagan on Friday morning, it’s likely that he will require a stint on the 15-day disabled list. Willie Harris came on to play center field on Thursday night and would likely see a big bump in playing time in Pagan’s absence.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)