Apr 21, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Out since mid-March with a strained forearm, Brandon Morrow has been activated from the disabled list by the Blue Jays and will make his season debut tomorrow afternoon against the Rays.
I tabbed Morrow as one of my “breakout picks” for 2011, which naturally led to him being shut down with arm problems, but the Blue Jays never gave any indication that they believed the injury was serious.
However, he did struggle on a minor-league rehab assignment, going 0-2 with a 7.71 ERA, .310 opponents’ batting average, and 11/6 K/BB ratio in nine innings spread over three starts while building up his arm strength.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)