Apr 21, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Out since mid-March with a strained forearm, Brandon Morrow has been activated from the disabled list by the Blue Jays and will make his season debut tomorrow afternoon against the Rays.
I tabbed Morrow as one of my “breakout picks” for 2011, which naturally led to him being shut down with arm problems, but the Blue Jays never gave any indication that they believed the injury was serious.
However, he did struggle on a minor-league rehab assignment, going 0-2 with a 7.71 ERA, .310 opponents’ batting average, and 11/6 K/BB ratio in nine innings spread over three starts while building up his arm strength.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (141)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)