Apr 21, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Out since mid-March with a strained forearm, Brandon Morrow has been activated from the disabled list by the Blue Jays and will make his season debut tomorrow afternoon against the Rays.
I tabbed Morrow as one of my “breakout picks” for 2011, which naturally led to him being shut down with arm problems, but the Blue Jays never gave any indication that they believed the injury was serious.
However, he did struggle on a minor-league rehab assignment, going 0-2 with a 7.71 ERA, .310 opponents’ batting average, and 11/6 K/BB ratio in nine innings spread over three starts while building up his arm strength.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)