Apr 21, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Out since mid-March with a strained forearm, Brandon Morrow has been activated from the disabled list by the Blue Jays and will make his season debut tomorrow afternoon against the Rays.
I tabbed Morrow as one of my “breakout picks” for 2011, which naturally led to him being shut down with arm problems, but the Blue Jays never gave any indication that they believed the injury was serious.
However, he did struggle on a minor-league rehab assignment, going 0-2 with a 7.71 ERA, .310 opponents’ batting average, and 11/6 K/BB ratio in nine innings spread over three starts while building up his arm strength.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- Who really owns a home run ball? 59
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)