Apr 21, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Jason Bay has been activated from the disabled list after going 6-for-12 with two homers during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at high Single-A and he’ll bat fifth in the Mets’ lineup tonight against the Astros.
Bay hasn’t played since suffering a concussion on July 25 of last year, but his season-opening DL stint was for a ribcage injury.
Bay batted .259 with six homers in 95 games prior to the concussion last year, posting a .749 OPS that was 147 points below his career mark coming into the first season of a four-year, $66 million deal.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final