Apr 21, 2011, 2:17 PM EST
Jason Bay has been activated from the disabled list after going 6-for-12 with two homers during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at high Single-A and he’ll bat fifth in the Mets’ lineup tonight against the Astros.
Bay hasn’t played since suffering a concussion on July 25 of last year, but his season-opening DL stint was for a ribcage injury.
Bay batted .259 with six homers in 95 games prior to the concussion last year, posting a .749 OPS that was 147 points below his career mark coming into the first season of a four-year, $66 million deal.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)