Apr 21, 2011, 2:17 PM EST
Jason Bay has been activated from the disabled list after going 6-for-12 with two homers during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at high Single-A and he’ll bat fifth in the Mets’ lineup tonight against the Astros.
Bay hasn’t played since suffering a concussion on July 25 of last year, but his season-opening DL stint was for a ribcage injury.
Bay batted .259 with six homers in 95 games prior to the concussion last year, posting a .749 OPS that was 147 points below his career mark coming into the first season of a four-year, $66 million deal.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)