Apr 21, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Jason Bay has been activated from the disabled list after going 6-for-12 with two homers during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at high Single-A and he’ll bat fifth in the Mets’ lineup tonight against the Astros.
Bay hasn’t played since suffering a concussion on July 25 of last year, but his season-opening DL stint was for a ribcage injury.
Bay batted .259 with six homers in 95 games prior to the concussion last year, posting a .749 OPS that was 147 points below his career mark coming into the first season of a four-year, $66 million deal.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)