Apr 21, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Jason Bay has been activated from the disabled list after going 6-for-12 with two homers during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at high Single-A and he’ll bat fifth in the Mets’ lineup tonight against the Astros.
Bay hasn’t played since suffering a concussion on July 25 of last year, but his season-opening DL stint was for a ribcage injury.
Bay batted .259 with six homers in 95 games prior to the concussion last year, posting a .749 OPS that was 147 points below his career mark coming into the first season of a four-year, $66 million deal.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)