Apr 21, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Morneau missing five games with a flu has understandably raised some eyebrows after last year’s concussion sidelined him for eight months, but Kelsie Smith of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that “not everything is a conspiracy” and Morneau “looked ill” when she saw him at the ballpark yesterday.
According to Phil Mackey of 1500ESPN.com the former MVP “overdid it yesterday” and is “back at the hotel resting, receiving fluids.”
Minnesota is also without Mauer, who’s on the disabled list with bilateral leg weakness, and Delmon Young, who’ll miss his third straight game with sore ribs and some of the same flu bug. All of which helps explain why the Twins rank dead last in the majors in offense.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)