Apr 21, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Morneau missing five games with a flu has understandably raised some eyebrows after last year’s concussion sidelined him for eight months, but Kelsie Smith of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that “not everything is a conspiracy” and Morneau “looked ill” when she saw him at the ballpark yesterday.
According to Phil Mackey of 1500ESPN.com the former MVP “overdid it yesterday” and is “back at the hotel resting, receiving fluids.”
Minnesota is also without Mauer, who’s on the disabled list with bilateral leg weakness, and Delmon Young, who’ll miss his third straight game with sore ribs and some of the same flu bug. All of which helps explain why the Twins rank dead last in the majors in offense.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona