Apr 21, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Morneau missing five games with a flu has understandably raised some eyebrows after last year’s concussion sidelined him for eight months, but Kelsie Smith of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that “not everything is a conspiracy” and Morneau “looked ill” when she saw him at the ballpark yesterday.
According to Phil Mackey of 1500ESPN.com the former MVP “overdid it yesterday” and is “back at the hotel resting, receiving fluids.”
Minnesota is also without Mauer, who’s on the disabled list with bilateral leg weakness, and Delmon Young, who’ll miss his third straight game with sore ribs and some of the same flu bug. All of which helps explain why the Twins rank dead last in the majors in offense.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (158)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)