Apr 21, 2011, 4:47 PM EST
Morrison reacted to the news on Twitter, further solidifying his status as the best-tweeting MLB player:
Breaking news: sprained ligament in my foot out 2 to 4 weeks. Suck on that. Told u fantasy people not to pick me up.
As if that wasn’t endearing enough, he painted pinstripes on his cast to blend into the Marlins’ uniform:
Prior to the injury Morrison hit .327 with four homers and a 1.061 OPS in 15 games, building on a very impressive rookie half-season that saw him bat .283 with an .837 OPS in 62 games. Emilio Bonafacio replaced him in left field yesterday, which is a dramatic dropoff offensively.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 30
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)