Apr 21, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Morrison reacted to the news on Twitter, further solidifying his status as the best-tweeting MLB player:
Breaking news: sprained ligament in my foot out 2 to 4 weeks. Suck on that. Told u fantasy people not to pick me up.
As if that wasn’t endearing enough, he painted pinstripes on his cast to blend into the Marlins’ uniform:
Prior to the injury Morrison hit .327 with four homers and a 1.061 OPS in 15 games, building on a very impressive rookie half-season that saw him bat .283 with an .837 OPS in 62 games. Emilio Bonafacio replaced him in left field yesterday, which is a dramatic dropoff offensively.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)