Apr 21, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Morrison reacted to the news on Twitter, further solidifying his status as the best-tweeting MLB player:
Breaking news: sprained ligament in my foot out 2 to 4 weeks. Suck on that. Told u fantasy people not to pick me up.
As if that wasn’t endearing enough, he painted pinstripes on his cast to blend into the Marlins’ uniform:
Prior to the injury Morrison hit .327 with four homers and a 1.061 OPS in 15 games, building on a very impressive rookie half-season that saw him bat .283 with an .837 OPS in 62 games. Emilio Bonafacio replaced him in left field yesterday, which is a dramatic dropoff offensively.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)