Apr 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
In town as an opposing player for the first time, Ankiel took out a full-page ad in the sports section of the Post-Dispatch on Tuesday, thanking Cardinals fans for their support over the years.
And given Ankiel’s tumultuous career path, he needed the support. He got it and it seems he’s grateful for it.
(thanks to Paperlions for the heads up)
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)