Apr 22, 2011, 9:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Marlins win 4-1. Sanchez ends up with a complete-game one-hitter.
9:35 PM: So much for that. Dexter Fowler just broke up the no-no with a leadoff single in the ninth. It bounced just beyond Omar Infante‘s glove into right field. Is Edwin Rodriguez going to pull him now?
9:26 PM: Sanchez has made it through eight innings with the no-hitter intact. He got Ty Wigginton to fly out to center, Chris Iannetta to strike out and pinch-hitter Jose Lopez on a soft liner to second base. He’s now at 115 pitches. Three more outs to go.
9:12 PM: You might want to turn on your television. Or your mobile device. We’re in the future, you know?
Anibal Sanchez hasn’t allowed a hit over the first seven innings of tonight’s game against the Rockies. However, the Rockies did score a run in the first inning on a fielding error by first baseman Gaby Sanchez. The Marlins currently lead 4-1.
Sanchez has struck out eight and walked three. He’s currently at 102 pitches through seven innings. Of course, Sanchez previously pitched a no-hitter in his 14th major league start back on September 6, 2006 against the Diamondbacks. He needed 103 pitches to complete that one.
Stay tuned to see if Sanchez can toss the first no-no of the 2011 season.
Note: MLB.com has a free preview of MLB.tv tonight, so you can track Sanchez’s progress there.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 13
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 24
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)