Apr 22, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Nyjer Morgan was off to a great start in Milwaukee, hitting .455 in 27 plate appearances as a part-time player, but now he’s headed for the disabled list with a deep thigh bruise suffered in collision at the plate with Pirates catcher Ryan Doumit.
Brandon Boggs, who last saw extended action in the majors with the Rangers as a 25-year-old rookie in 2008, will be called up from Triple-A to replace Morgan on the roster.
Much of Morgan’s game is based on speed, so a deep thigh bruise could be tougher for him to come back from quickly than other players, although if it keeps him from attempting as many ill-advised stolen bases once he does return the injury might not be such a terrible thing.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)