Apr 22, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Nyjer Morgan was off to a great start in Milwaukee, hitting .455 in 27 plate appearances as a part-time player, but now he’s headed for the disabled list with a deep thigh bruise suffered in collision at the plate with Pirates catcher Ryan Doumit.
Brandon Boggs, who last saw extended action in the majors with the Rangers as a 25-year-old rookie in 2008, will be called up from Triple-A to replace Morgan on the roster.
Much of Morgan’s game is based on speed, so a deep thigh bruise could be tougher for him to come back from quickly than other players, although if it keeps him from attempting as many ill-advised stolen bases once he does return the injury might not be such a terrible thing.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)