Apr 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Purcey wears size 17 spikes, and the A’s haven’t had a player above size 14; manager Bob Geren is a size 15, the previous Vucinich-era record holder. So when Purcey was traded to the A’s from Toronto on Monday, the team had no spare white shoes in his size.
This is a problem. No, not the shoe size. The fact that the A’s still wear white shoes. God, I hate white shoes on ballplayers. I am convinced that the A’s wearing white shoes has negatively impacted my view of the team as a whole over the years. There have been times — and I’m not proud of this — that I have turned off A’s games because the white shoes have bothered me so much.
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 5
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Dodgers 21
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)