Apr 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Purcey wears size 17 spikes, and the A’s haven’t had a player above size 14; manager Bob Geren is a size 15, the previous Vucinich-era record holder. So when Purcey was traded to the A’s from Toronto on Monday, the team had no spare white shoes in his size.
This is a problem. No, not the shoe size. The fact that the A’s still wear white shoes. God, I hate white shoes on ballplayers. I am convinced that the A’s wearing white shoes has negatively impacted my view of the team as a whole over the years. There have been times — and I’m not proud of this — that I have turned off A’s games because the white shoes have bothered me so much.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 41
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)