Apr 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Purcey wears size 17 spikes, and the A’s haven’t had a player above size 14; manager Bob Geren is a size 15, the previous Vucinich-era record holder. So when Purcey was traded to the A’s from Toronto on Monday, the team had no spare white shoes in his size.
This is a problem. No, not the shoe size. The fact that the A’s still wear white shoes. God, I hate white shoes on ballplayers. I am convinced that the A’s wearing white shoes has negatively impacted my view of the team as a whole over the years. There have been times — and I’m not proud of this — that I have turned off A’s games because the white shoes have bothered me so much.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 7
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 29
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 55
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)