Apr 22, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
Angel Pagan left Tuesday’s game after pulling a muscle in his side and Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports that the Mets will place him on the disabled list prior to tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Pagan had hoped to return in a few days, but clearly the Mets didn’t want to play short-handed in center field given their commitment to keeping former center fielder Carlos Beltran in right field no matter what.
Rubin reports that Jason Pridie will replace Pagan on the roster, coming up from Triple-A to bat eighth in the lineup tonight. Pridie was once considered a decent prospect, but now he’s a 27-year-old career minor leaguer with his third organization and has hit just .273 with a .738 OPS in 376 games at Triple-A. He’s a fifth outfielder at best, so the Mets will definitely miss Pagan.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)