Apr 22, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Angel Pagan left Tuesday’s game after pulling a muscle in his side and Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports that the Mets will place him on the disabled list prior to tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Pagan had hoped to return in a few days, but clearly the Mets didn’t want to play short-handed in center field given their commitment to keeping former center fielder Carlos Beltran in right field no matter what.
Rubin reports that Jason Pridie will replace Pagan on the roster, coming up from Triple-A to bat eighth in the lineup tonight. Pridie was once considered a decent prospect, but now he’s a 27-year-old career minor leaguer with his third organization and has hit just .273 with a .738 OPS in 376 games at Triple-A. He’s a fifth outfielder at best, so the Mets will definitely miss Pagan.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)