Apr 22, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Angel Pagan left Tuesday’s game after pulling a muscle in his side and Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports that the Mets will place him on the disabled list prior to tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Pagan had hoped to return in a few days, but clearly the Mets didn’t want to play short-handed in center field given their commitment to keeping former center fielder Carlos Beltran in right field no matter what.
Rubin reports that Jason Pridie will replace Pagan on the roster, coming up from Triple-A to bat eighth in the lineup tonight. Pridie was once considered a decent prospect, but now he’s a 27-year-old career minor leaguer with his third organization and has hit just .273 with a .738 OPS in 376 games at Triple-A. He’s a fifth outfielder at best, so the Mets will definitely miss Pagan.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)