Apr 22, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
It’s Earth Day. And I didn’t buy you a gift. Drat, I always forget.
Baseball hasn’t forgotten, however, and it’s doing a lot of stuff in honor of the occasion:
The Indians and Twins will wear green caps during their game Friday night at Target Field; the Mariners will introduce a new environmental mascot called Kid Compost; the Reds will host a major e-waste drive; and the Pirates will host an energy-free day at PNC Park.
I’ve been to PNC Park. From what I can tell it’s always an energy-free zone. Hey-O!
Seriously, though, I like it when companies try to raise awareness of the problems facing our environment. Even the ones who cut down a bunch of trees recently because some rich people complained that they spoiled the view.
OK, this time really seriously: check out the article at MLB.com to read about what teams are doing for Earth Day. And then, to the extent that the measures are practical and useful, demand that they do that sort of stuff all the time.
And for cryin’ out loud, get a bike.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (86)