Apr 22, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
It’s Earth Day. And I didn’t buy you a gift. Drat, I always forget.
Baseball hasn’t forgotten, however, and it’s doing a lot of stuff in honor of the occasion:
The Indians and Twins will wear green caps during their game Friday night at Target Field; the Mariners will introduce a new environmental mascot called Kid Compost; the Reds will host a major e-waste drive; and the Pirates will host an energy-free day at PNC Park.
I’ve been to PNC Park. From what I can tell it’s always an energy-free zone. Hey-O!
Seriously, though, I like it when companies try to raise awareness of the problems facing our environment. Even the ones who cut down a bunch of trees recently because some rich people complained that they spoiled the view.
OK, this time really seriously: check out the article at MLB.com to read about what teams are doing for Earth Day. And then, to the extent that the measures are practical and useful, demand that they do that sort of stuff all the time.
And for cryin’ out loud, get a bike.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights