The Cardinals may want to add some security tonight

Apr 22, 2011, 9:59 AM EST

franklin_ryan

Reader Spudchukar alerts us to something fun. The St. Louis Cardinals’ promotional schedule, which features something on Friday nights called the “Busch Bash,” in which there is music and fun and prizes and — best of all — the chance for the fans to meet past and present Cardinals greats and get their autographs prior to the game.  I love that stuff!

Know what I love even more? Tonight’s featured Cardinal:

Ryan Franklin will be signing in the Ford Plaza from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. The first 200 in line are guaranteed to receive an autograph (one item only). Players and schedules are subject to change. Recommended gate entrances: 4, 5 & 6.

Hmmm, bad timing.  I have this feeling that the “players are subject to change” clause may be exercised this evening. And if not, I think that, in addition to recommending certain gate entrances for fans, they’ll be recommending certain gate exists for Mr. Franklin.

1. heyblueyoustink - Apr 22, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Maybe instead of having him sign autographs…..they could put him in a dunk tank? Shielded with plexiglass of course…

• BC - Apr 22, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Kind of like the Pope-mobile?

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 22, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Awww hells yeah, who wouldn’t want a Pope-mobile……….I’d want mine on a monster truck

Maybe his could be in the same style of those old golf carts they used to use to drive the relievers onto the field…..with the baseball canopy?

Maybe they should have that put together before game time even

• BC - Apr 22, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Then again, like 7 fans may show up given that Franklin threw the fans so far under the bus that they were kissing the tailpipe…..

• Utley's Hair - Apr 22, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Biodegradable PlexiGlas? (In honor of Earth Day, of course.) Or some contraption made from hemp—in honor of some other day this week (I think) that I can’t quite remember….

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Earth day? Sure, i’d smoke to that (if in fact I had not reformed myself from such wicked ways)……..

And maybe a certain “Kine” of love would help him relax on the mound later

2. paperlions - Apr 22, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I’d show up for an autograph and ask him to sign it “to one of the best fans in baseball. Yeah, right!”

3. BC - Apr 22, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Heck, they should have Mark McGwire show up instead. He’d get more love than Franklin at this point.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5111)