Apr 22, 2011, 9:59 AM EST
Reader Spudchukar alerts us to something fun. The St. Louis Cardinals’ promotional schedule, which features something on Friday nights called the “Busch Bash,” in which there is music and fun and prizes and — best of all — the chance for the fans to meet past and present Cardinals greats and get their autographs prior to the game. I love that stuff!
Know what I love even more? Tonight’s featured Cardinal:
Ryan Franklin will be signing in the Ford Plaza from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. The first 200 in line are guaranteed to receive an autograph (one item only). Players and schedules are subject to change. Recommended gate entrances: 4, 5 & 6.
Hmmm, bad timing. I have this feeling that the “players are subject to change” clause may be exercised this evening. And if not, I think that, in addition to recommending certain gate entrances for fans, they’ll be recommending certain gate exists for Mr. Franklin.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)