Apr 22, 2011, 9:59 AM EST
Reader Spudchukar alerts us to something fun. The St. Louis Cardinals’ promotional schedule, which features something on Friday nights called the “Busch Bash,” in which there is music and fun and prizes and — best of all — the chance for the fans to meet past and present Cardinals greats and get their autographs prior to the game. I love that stuff!
Know what I love even more? Tonight’s featured Cardinal:
Ryan Franklin will be signing in the Ford Plaza from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. The first 200 in line are guaranteed to receive an autograph (one item only). Players and schedules are subject to change. Recommended gate entrances: 4, 5 & 6.
Hmmm, bad timing. I have this feeling that the “players are subject to change” clause may be exercised this evening. And if not, I think that, in addition to recommending certain gate entrances for fans, they’ll be recommending certain gate exists for Mr. Franklin.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)