Apr 22, 2011, 9:59 AM EST
Reader Spudchukar alerts us to something fun. The St. Louis Cardinals’ promotional schedule, which features something on Friday nights called the “Busch Bash,” in which there is music and fun and prizes and — best of all — the chance for the fans to meet past and present Cardinals greats and get their autographs prior to the game. I love that stuff!
Know what I love even more? Tonight’s featured Cardinal:
Ryan Franklin will be signing in the Ford Plaza from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. The first 200 in line are guaranteed to receive an autograph (one item only). Players and schedules are subject to change. Recommended gate entrances: 4, 5 & 6.
Hmmm, bad timing. I have this feeling that the “players are subject to change” clause may be exercised this evening. And if not, I think that, in addition to recommending certain gate entrances for fans, they’ll be recommending certain gate exists for Mr. Franklin.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)